Thursday 29 December 2005

The John Mayer Trio

For those of you that don't know, John Mayer is one of my favorite musicians out there. With that said, I had no idea he was coming out with a CD for his band the John Mayer Trio. Well, when I was doing my Christmas shopping, I came across it at Barnes & Noble. I gave it a quick listen and decided to buy it for my sister, and one for myself. I'm really glad I did.

This CD is different from other John Mayer stuff you may have heard. It's nothing like Your Body is a Wonderland or anything like that. It has a very bluesy feel too it. I like it a lot. I'm pretty sure there's no acoustic guitar at all on this CD, which is definitely different for John Mayer. He came up with probably the best song lyric I've heard in a long time. He says something along the lines of "you're not the perfect hand but/I don't hit on 19". I really like that line. For the lyrically impaired that's a comparison to blackjack. 21 is the perfect hand, but 19 isn't too damn bad. He's saying don't push your luck looking for perfection when you already have something really damn good.

So my advice to you, my reader, if you like John Mayer/Blues music, go and buy this CD. You will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment