Thursday 22 December 2005

Christmas ideas for the mobile gamer



I can't remember where I found this, but I came across this article on a couple good RPG games for handhelds like the PSP. It's a short article, but here are a few of the highlights for each game, on each different system.

-For the Gameboy Advance users out there, you have Final Fantasy IV. "If you're still playing the Game Boy Advance (or just bought yourself an ultra-slim Game Boy Micro), you can't go wrong with Final Fantasy IV, a remake of the 15-year-old classic that helped define the RPG genre."

I've only ever played one Final Fantasy game so my opinion on them probably isn't the best. I'm really not into these games at all. It's too slow for me, and I hate turn based battling. But if you have played and liked these games, this might be a good buy for your handheld this holiday season.

-For the Nintendo DS users out there, you have Mario and Luigi:Partners in Time. "This game sees the hapless Princess kidnapped again, only this time she's taken backward in time. Mario and Luigi follow her, and in the process meet up with toddler versions of themselves. The four team up; much of the game's action is spent solving puzzles that require you to think critically about how to use all four brothers to hit switches and traverse traps."

If someone doesn't get me this game for Christmas, I'm getting it for myself. I'm a Mario freak. I don't know why, but I really love games featuring Mario. Of course I have about 5 or 6 games I've yet to finish, but I like the games none the less. I think you already know if you like Mario games, and if you do, pick this one up.

-For the PSP, they recommend PoPoLoCrois. Although if you read this article, it sounds like they don't like the game very much. Pretty much they say the game is easy, and the controls are terrible. Doesn't sound like a great endorsement, so you might want to steer clear of this game.

So there you have, it a couple of games to look for this Christmas season for the Handheld video gamer in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment