Thursday 2 February 2006

The Chronicles of Narnia Sequel

Image hosting by Photobucket"A sequel to one of 2005's top grossers, the Oscar-nominated blockbuster "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," will begin production later this year. The first film's cast, director and screenwriters have all signed on to

Walt Disney Pictures and Walden Media, the film's backers, are said to be exploring a Christmas 2007 release for "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian." That both companies would greenlight a follow-up to "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," which is in contention for Best Visual Effects, Best Makeup and Best Sound Mixing at the 78th annual Academy Awards, should come as little surprise. The movie has earned $638 million worldwide, making it Disney's highest-grossing live-action film release. "Armageddon" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" hold second and third place, respectively." 


I don't even know if this is good news or not being that I never got a chance to see the first Narnia. I guess I'll have to catch it on DVD. I do, however, have the book sitting on my shelf, and I'll get to that asap. For you fans of this movie, and judging be the numbers there are a lot of you, there is something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment